It all started here. I posted a tweet about my New Year’s resolution stating that I will be finding a job using the below resume.
But I was told the document ‘wouldn’t even get me hired’.
So here’s my online resume, expressing my interest in a suitable position. One that does not end up with the firing of the employee if they get riled up over something important, like getting the job done.
Here’s a little about me.
- I quit my academic job and started teaching philosophy online. It’s going well thus far.
- In addition, I would like to diversify my portfolio by gaining real-world experience. My previous attempts at that were fruitless.
- Thought I could become a trader or consultant, but never got a call because as an academic, my resume was both weak and boring.
What can I do? Obviously, if I knew, I wouldn’t be doing this. However, I have a portfolio of stuff that I got done. Take a look, and if my profile suits your project, let me know. My contact info is available below. For now, all I can say is that I learn stuff, and get shit done.
Education, in hindsight:
Useless MA and PhD in Philosophy
Useless BBA in Finance
Portfolio, I did/usually do the following:
- Wrote and self-published a book: Sardonically Speaking (a book about not taking oneself too seriously)
- Give online philosophy courses: convincing people to pay me to teach them philosophy just because. I currently make a living out of this, go figure!
- Write articles: rambling a lot, and publishing here and there
- Host a podcast and marketplace lectures to bridge the gap between academia and industry
My name is Mahmoud Rasmi. I quit my academic job to take philosophy back to the marketplace. I finished my PhD in…
- Create content on social media (fun stuff)
Tinker with food combos (delish stuff, I promise!)
Creating an Opportunity: How I transformed my anger into creative energy.
Read the full article here:
Podcast appearance where I talk in detail about what I do:
You can also check out my upcoming online courses here: